Sunday, February 22, 2009

BACK in DUBAI (and a few final photos)

Well our trip is over and I've sent everyone home. I booked a hotel for 2 nights to recover a bit and enjoy Dubai without all the stress of taking care of a group! They were a wonderful group though, I must say.
We returned to Dubai Saturday afternoon and had a day and a half to do more exploring and shopping. We had a bus to take us wherever we wanted to go, so Saturday we went first to the Dubai mall to see the huge walk-through aquarium with 72,000 fish, the 4-story waterfall, and the waterfront out back with views straight up of the Burj Dubai - tallest building in the world. We then went to the Old Souk in Dubai for some of the best shopping.
Sunday we went to a department store for a bit, then 9 of our group paid over $100 each for the privilege of having high tea at the 7-star Burj al Arab Hotel. They say it was worth it! Kermit, meanwhile, went downhill skiing at Ski Dubai in the Emirates mall. The photos of him aren't very good through the glass wall, but they are proof he was skiing there.
Sunday night after dinner we took the group to the airport for their late flights home on Delta and United. Then I went to the hotel and crashed! On this link are a few more photos from our last 2 days in Dubai.
http://picasaweb.google.com/kentkauffman/DubaiEndOfTrip#

No comments:

Post a Comment