Sunday, February 22, 2009

KINGDOM of BAHRAIN


I knew very little about Bahrain, the island kingdom off the coast of Saudi Arabia, before coming on this trip. I did expect it to be more conservative and less developed than the Emirates. However, it was definitely the most progressive of our ports of call. We had a local LADY as our tour guide. Vaughn has written a description of our day in Bahrain, but she is on her flight home and I can't open the document on my flash drive, so I'll let Vaughn rewrite it when she gets home and replace this post at that time. For now I'll just say we had a most interesting visit and got unique insights into Arab culture that we had not gotten from our male guides! Oh, the photo is Mom feeding a camel at the camel farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment